RE: [OM] need camera body advice

Subject: RE: [OM] need camera body advice
From: jowilcox <jowilcox@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:30:19 -0500
>===== Original Message From Wayne Culberson <waynecul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> =====
>I am relatively new here, so this has likely been discussed to death,
>but I am thinking of adding another camera body, and am thinking of the
>OM2000

It's a well-worn topic and no consensus. The OM2000 is not a system camera.
It sounds like this doesn't matter to you.  The OM2000 is out-sourced to
Cosina and has as much or more plastic than the OM-10 and OMPC.  It sounds
like this might not matter to you either.  It has a very good metering system.
 I have not hesitated to use mine alongside my OM-4T and OM-2S and in some
conditions I would rely more on the OM2000 than the others (i.e., a really
cold winter morning).  It is cheaply made (but quite well made) and is cheap
to buy as a result and you will get a warranty of one year if you buy new.
It's up to you.  I'm glad I have one.  I'm also glad it's not the only OM
body.

Joel W.