Re: [OM] EBAY Issues

Subject: Re: [OM] EBAY Issues
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 12:26:03 +0000
At 14:11 8/29/01, Jim Couch wrote (in part):

I usually ask quite a few questions of the seller before bidding, unless the item is inexpensive or very well decribed. I also don't buy if I am dissatisfied with the answers.

Read descriptions very carefully and look at any posted photos critically. I look at not only what is stated, but very carefully how it's worded and for what is important about condition but _not_ addressed. Some sellers represent themselves as dumb and naive when they are not. I get wary when I see lines with weasel-words like, "I don't know anything about how this works, so I cannot tell if it does or not," or "I don't have batteries for it, so I can't test it." Any hint of weasel-words brings up my radar and I will ask specific questions to pin down specifics if still interested.

-- John