[OM] Waterproof bags (was Lens assortment etc...)

Subject: [OM] Waterproof bags (was Lens assortment etc...)
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2001 10:07:47 +0100
I am a real Billingham bag fan ("Billoholic" perhaps) I know, but I had one of them (the Packington) out on a walk in the Scottish Highlands for about an hour in a downpour. I was soaked through (my special Yellowstone waterproof!), but the inside of the Packington was bone dry.

Billinghams are stylish, protective, don't look like camera bags and are "reassuringly expensive" (Stella Artois advert ;-)).

Speaking of adverts, there is a great Budweiser advert on in the UK at present which really sends up the ghastly standard US advert (you know, singing and stuff with happy smiling faces all around). It won't induce me to buy a Bud, but it *is* art ... IMO :>).

Finally, I still have some bottles of the original Budweiser from Budwar in the Czech Republic, if anyone want to make it over here to discuss bags, beer or OMs :>).

Chris

PS. I hope that no-one takes offence at my US advert comment. If anyone were to, I should be pleased to discuss it civilly off-List ... ;-).