Re: [OM] Re: OM long lens help

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: OM long lens help
From: Grant <GB1029@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:50:26 -0500
Bill,
Telescopes are a bit OT. But I primarily got into photography through
astrophotography.  Go with a Schmidt Cassegrain telescope.  Cassegrains are
the way to go for a ton of Focal Length for minimal cost. It's just like a giant mirror lens.
But with exceptional quality.
You can get a Meade LX10 (8" scope) or a Celestron C-8 for around $1000 (includes mount & tripod). When you
compare this to a long FL camera lens, a Scope is much more cost effective.
Plus, with an 8" diameter (200mm) Objective, you can explore the heavens god has created for us. And, you've already got the perfect camera for astrophotography. Assuming your using an om-1. Mirror lockup, B setting. Can't do without. My LX10 gives me 2000mm at Prime focus
(fills the frame perfectly during full moon).
Buy a few eyepieces and a projection adapter, and you can use eyepiece projection to literally "zoom" inside a crater. I'm heading out shortly to work on some more lunar shots. I must forewarn you though. Astronomy and astrophotography is kinda like Zuikoholism. Once you start there's no turning back. Contact me off list if you're interested in some additional information so I don't tick anyone off with my OT threads.

Grant
gb1029@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx