[OM] Re: OM long lens help

Subject: [OM] Re: OM long lens help
From: NSURIT@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2001 19:50:29 EDT
I'm wondering if maybe finding a used telescope might not fit the bill better
for astrophotography.  I have the Zuiko 400mm and it reaches out there but
not really that far.  I've made some decent lunar shots (was going to say
moon shots but I know this groups ability to twist the thread) using a Tamron
500mm mirror and a 2X teleconverter.  That is a relatively inexpensive way to
reach out there a bit, however it does become a difficult finding your
subject at 1000mm.  Maybe someone with experience with consumer grade
telescopes might jump in on this thread.  Bill Barber