RE: [OM] Bokeh Monster

Subject: RE: [OM] Bokeh Monster
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2001 23:20:09 +0000
At 20:55 8/24/01, Ken Norton wrote:
Jim Timpe wrote:
> WOW!!!   You gotta love those silver noses, huh?

Can you imagine what the photo would have been like if it was a
MC lens?

Ken, there's nothing wrong with the silver-schnoz glass you're using! FWIW I don't believe MC vs SC makes as much difference in the longer, simpler prime lenses (5-6 elements). My 300mm is an F.Zuiko and right now wouldn't trade it for an MC. BTW, the "painting" quality the opening image has to it is beautiful (is it just the digital scan or does the original show that?).

I've been impressed with the bokeh that can be extracted from the 85/2, 135/2.8 and 200/4. I've used all three with extension tubes for macros, and done other close photographs with them at their wider apertures near minimum focus distance.

-- John
(Who occasionally use lenses other than the 18mm from time to time.)