Re: [OM] Travel Bag recommendations sought.

Subject: Re: [OM] Travel Bag recommendations sought.
From: "Jim Johnson" <jeepnstein@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2001 01:14:21
I've managed to use my OM's a little in my other fields of "interest". I'm a Special, or reserve, Deputy Sheriff here in Ohio and get to work some really great jobs. I've dragged my OM's, usually an OM PC, along on many occasions. I've photographed thousands of pot plants, a few drug houses, and used photography to build up probable cause to kick a door in a warrant service. I've not been too busy with those details recently but plan on cranking it up a notch again real soon.

Since I'm not working for National Geographic the artistic end of it doesn't matter as much as getting an accurate depiction of what is going on. I did do some really cool macro stuff on a monster bud once, but nobody was amused. I use a Vivitar 28-210 for much of what I do. It's kind of a crappy lens, but it has decent speed and is really versatile.

My kit usually consists of an OM 2s, winder 1, the 28-210 Vivitar, a 35mm f2.8, packed in my Lowe Pro bag. I use whatever film the department has in stock, or sometimes Fuji 1600 print film.

There is not greater charge in life than doing a building search or serving a warrant. It's more addictive than my OM's ever could be. It always feels good to get the bad guy.

Jim