[OM] Travel Bag recommendations sought.

Subject: [OM] Travel Bag recommendations sought.
From: ALEXSCIFI@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 10:00:46 EDT
Hi Folks,

     I have the following requirements for a travel photography bag:

        *     Allow easy access to 2 OM bodies with lenses attached--so I can
              open and grab either at a moments notice, but each camera will
              have it's own padded cell. I plan to leave the lens shades
attached.

        *     Only 4 OM lenses to go--21F3.5 (rare use), 28F2.0, 50F1.2 and
               100F2.0. 2 of these to be mounted on the above at all times.

         *     Plus separate space for film, books (novel + notepad), outside
               1 liter water bottle, passport pocket, PLUS a FUJI 69 MF
camera--
               to be brought along for any truly magnificent vistas. Consider
               the last to be optional.

        *     NOT look EXACTLY like a camera bag--preferably a backpack!

        *     Will be packing carbon fiber tripod/ball head separately in
               black bogen pack or a small portable--dependling.

        *     May or may not be wearing a photographers vest--plan to get the
               Bob Krist LLBEAN one.

Just starting to look. Have the Lowepro S&F Rover and Orion Trekker on order.
Plan to also try the new LLBEAN camera bag designed for travel photographer
Bob Krist. What do the National Geo guys use--the ones who use "simple" 3-4
lens systems? Thanks for any suggestions or comments.

Alex