Re: [OM] was "none", now Reno Air Races

Subject: Re: [OM] was "none", now Reno Air Races
From: Chris Barker <imagopus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 19:49:27 +0100
Cc: "Gary Edwards" <garyetx@xxxxxxxx>
Thanks Gary.

I did not realise that the stall turn was a problem (except for swept
wing aircraft of course).

I am about to take my final handling test on this instructors' course
and my aerobatic sequence (strictly above 3,000 feet above ground)
includes a "Noddy" stall turn - 2 nods followed by a stall turn, a
straight stall turn, and a Hesitation stall turn - hesitating at 45
degree points from vertically up to vertically down.  For little
propellor aircraft it is bread and butter stuff, but perhaps you knew
that already ...

Anyway, nice shots.  I am in trouble with a Czech friend (Mi-24 Hind
pilot) for not having enough to do with aircraft on my little
website... this will change after seeing your lovely collection
again.  I have ordered Dreamweaver to help me with design (yes, I am
a wimp ;-)) so I can put some of the stuff that I have in a decent
layout.  One or two shots will be ones that my wife Julia took from a
KC-135 of me refuelling in a little GD (sorry Lockheed) single-seater
multi-role aircraft :>) - taken with an AF1 Twin (Infinity Twin in
US).

Chris