Re: [OM] OT Whisky by TCP/IP

Subject: Re: [OM] OT Whisky by TCP/IP
From: Peter Dixon <P.Dixon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 09:28:59 +0100
SOrry , have to step in on this one:

Laphroaig - but not the usual 10 yr old stuff, or the cask strength stuff. The 15 yr old, not an often expression from the distillery, is IMHO, the absolute greatest of all the Islay malts.

Port Ellen is lovely, a rare Islay as the distillery closed several years ago.

Ardberg - Glenrubbish bought the dist. a while ago and have just started producing a 10 yr old - it's nice, but if you can get an older bottle (usually a 15 or 17 from independant bottling houses) it's much better.

(Note for the uninitiated - unlike wine, this stuff dosn't age in the bottle)

As for non-islays, don't really care - Oban, Talisker and Glenlivet have provided memorable evenings.....

THe greatest of the non islays I've had was a gift from a nephrologist; I'd just done him a favour. he offered me dinner - I went for a glass of 25 yr olod Macallan instead - an unbelievable drink.

Are you thirsty yet?

Pete, off on one about one of his non-OM loves
Dr. Peter Dixon
Neurogenetics Unit, Department of Clinical Neurology
6th Floor, Institute of Neurology
Queen Square
London WC1N 3BG
Tel: 0207 837 3611 xtn 4305