[OM] OM-1n repair issue - advise?

Subject: [OM] OM-1n repair issue - advise?
From: Gary Reese <pcacala@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 17:31:45 -0700
Someone has reported an issue with an OM-1n they purchased from me. Here
are the symptoms:

<< I've played a bit with the camera, metering my monitor screen.  The
problem seems to be with the asa dial.  It sets correctly if rotated
counter-clockwise, but will not reduce the value if rotated clockwise.
Specifically, if I go from 100 to 400, the meter behaves correctly.  If
I go back, it still reads as if the asa was set at 400.  It doesn't have
stops, so it can be made to work by rotating through 1600.  I know
that's not the way it's supposed to be -- the manual shows it rotating
either way.  When the dial is set right, the reading agrees with the
other meters.  Any idea what this means? >>

Anyone have a hunch?  The top plate was recently removed
(professionally) to do a relubrication to the winding mechanism.  Seems
like a coupling (linkage) issue.

Gary Reese
Las Vegas, NV