Re: [OM] Enlarger recomendations

Subject: Re: [OM] Enlarger recomendations
From: "Steve Gullick" <Steve.Gullick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 18:18:28 +0100
At our local arts collage we have a very well equipped darkroom with about
20 or so enlargers, mainly colour, mainly durst and LPL. They DO get an
awful lot of use, but someone was trying to print a low contrast B&W
negative using a colour head and despite dialling in the strongest
filtration, was only able to get a very low contrast print with no real
blacks. On examining the neg, we thought that it really should print OK so
we swapped to a B&W enlarger with Patterson filters and it printed fine at
grade 3.

General conclusion was that the filters had faded.

Steve