Re: [OM] Re: Least Common Denominator/Photo finishing/Reccomendations?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Least Common Denominator/Photo finishing/Reccomendations?
From: Motor Sport Visions Photography <msvphoto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 15:14:13 -0700
I know I have posted this before, and likely will again. This is a lab I
used to use for a lot of Ilfochrome printing and they did a great job.
They no longer offer ilfochrome because they feel their present process
is superior (and I don't doubt it). Related link:
http://www.calypsoinc.com/

My local lab stopped doing Ilfochromes, much to the chagrin of many
local artists who used the rental lab (this place has rental enlargers
and do a nice job of keeping emulsion batches and chemistry consistently
tested to ensure good results with minimal wastage). The reasons are
that the dry-to-dry processor was getting too expensive to maintain.
Much as I love Ilfochromes, I no longer offer the to customers as a
printing option. Even the pro lab down in the photographically rich
Monterey Peninsula (Fry Photographics) no longer offers Ilfochrome,
rather Fuji Type-R instead.

If you're considering mail order for fine prints Calypso is worth
checking into. The aside is you get a really nice file to use wherever
you wish in the future.

Mike Veglia
Motor Sport Visions Photography
http://www.motorsportvisions.com