Re: [OM] Re: Least Common Denominator/Photo finishing/Reccomendations?

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: Least Common Denominator/Photo finishing/Reccomendations?
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:25:31 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/01 9:17:25 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  am still shoppping for a good pro lab to do enlargements, boith from
>  neg and slide. I am not real happy about the idea of sending my
>  originals off via mail or FedEx, but it looks like that is what I ma
>  going to wind up doing.
>
>  Anyone have any reccomendations for a good high quality (display)
>  Ilfocrhome enlargement mail order lab?

Jim, I'll be going up to Pro Lab in Fremont early next week.  Even from Des
Moines it's a pain to drive it, so I'll be asking them for details &
recommendations about mailing/mailers, etc., as I'd rather do that than do
that killer commute thru downtown.  I'll post what I find out.  They too,
mail the slide films off to Kodak, but it doesn't take long.  They apologized
to me for the delay, but it was just something like 3 or 4 days.  I had no
problem with that, and was impressed with their attitude of quick turnaround
or profuse apologies.  I think they have a steady clientele of demanding pros
and amateurs, so I'm riding on their coat tails and reaping the benefits. ;-)

Think I'll stop in at Glazer's and Moon, too, to inquire of the other
developers "downtown".  Will report.  So far Pro Lab impresses heck out of me.

Rich