Re: [OM] How much film did you shoot? Was: OT Responses

Subject: Re: [OM] How much film did you shoot? Was: OT Responses
From: Doggre@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:14:37 EDT
In a message dated 8/16/01 8:58:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
JamesBCouch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> The slides that I just got back were taken the weekend before (the 5th &
6th)
>  on Nason ridge (near lake wenatchee). No wildfires then. I guess that the
>  Icicle Creek area is on fire, very close to where we were.

That area is "home" to me.  State record mule deer was taken in Nason Ridge
area years ago.  My last trip was up Rock Mt. to Rock Lake, upper Nason
Ridge.  Fresh deer tracks in the frost on the trail when I came back down.

Two fires at the moment: Victoria Creek, on the side of Mt. Cashmere.  STEEP.
 And Fourth of July Creek, on the other side of Icicle, on Tumwater Mountain,
just above Tumwater Canyon (Hwy 2/Stevens Pass).  Again, steep.  Sigh.  There
were major fires in this same area just a few years back.  This is sacred
country to my family.  Mule deer, elk, bear, cougar, mountain goat, pine
marten, porcupine, hawks, owls, all manner of wildlife.  We have logged,
hunted, fished, camped, horseback ridden, motorcycled, 4-wheeled, hiked,
fought fires all over it.  Breaks my heart to see any more of it burn.  But
mother nature knows how to "repair" it.

>  The 'big' glacial outburst was actually rather small, when the BIG one
comes,

>  we will all know about it!

Another one this morning.  I plan to go up Sunday.  Low 70's, sunny.
Perfect.  I think we're gonna see lots of mudflows until October's freezing
temps begin.

Taking Kodak Gold 200 and Elite Chrome 200 (never used it -- any comments?).

Rich