[OM] [OT] (sort of) Framing Advice and Supplies

Subject: [OM] [OT] (sort of) Framing Advice and Supplies
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 22:29:22 +0000
Got a big problem. Received invitations for submissions to three art shows last week. Everything is due in the middle of September. I've got five large prints being made by Holland in Austin, TX (four of them Ilfochromes), and three more large prints being done by The Slide Printer in Denver.

I need five frames, and relatively quickly. Normally I would have a shop here do them, but they require too much lead time. Looking at mail ordering the frames, mats, etc. I'm thinking about metal frames which are a bit simpler for me to cope with, and 100% acid-free "conservation" mat board. Everything needs wire hangars and it should all be matted.
Q:  Anyone done their own framing?
Q:  Anyone know of a good on-line supply house for frames and mats in the US?
Q:  Has anyone used plexiglass for glazing?
Q:  How does that compare to good quality glass?
Q: Anyone framed Ilfochromes (Cibachromes) before? Any special considerations with them compared to normal glossy prints?

This needs to be relatively simple and inexpensive (hopefully) without compromising archival quality.

BTW, several of the prints are being made of these:
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/zi/gallery/contax17.html (a remake of this one)
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om82.html
  http://johnlind.tripod.com/oly/gallery/om04.html

The other three images are so recent that I haven't had them scanned.

Thanks,
-- John