Re: [OM] quick: B&W film recs.

Subject: Re: [OM] quick: B&W film recs.
From: elvis3@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 15:04:12 -0600 (MDT)

> In <3B7AC5FA.3B43E18C@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, on 08/15/01 at 07:56 PM,
>    Roger Wesson <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
>
> >I don't do my own d&p, so the fact that this film is cheap to develop
> >and comes back beautifully sepia-toned is great for me.
>
> Can the one-hour shop drop the sepia in favor of black and white if one
> requests it?

> les clark / edgewater, nj / usa

In this case,  you may want to use the Kodak chromogenic film rather than
Ilford's.  The Kodak is setup with a film base like the normal colour negs
so that they can print it closer to an actual b/w (though it does depend on
the lab).  FWIW, for b/w, the new chromogenic Kodak or Ilford films are great.
Lots of latitude and has a neat property of finer grain as you overexpose it
more.  Great for portraits.

Elvis