[OM] Re: Professional Fees

Subject: [OM] Re: Professional Fees
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:58:46 EDT
I have been approached by a commercial real estate developer and have the
opportunity to shoot some photos of some of their buildings in the San Diego
area.  This will be my first foray into this area.  I am unsure as to what to
charge.

I intend to shoot on color negative film (probably Portra 160NC).  They will
want 4 x 6 prints and some 8 x 10s  with the need to know what it will cost
to have an incidental 11 x 14 or 16 x 20 print made.  I can derive the cost
of the film, printing, processing, etc.  But what is the general rule of
thumb for markup and the photographer's services?  Does one quote a package
price with options, i.e. 11X14s or 16 x 20s are $$ extra?  Any input from the
group would be appreciated.

Dave Dougherty