[OM] OM camera repairs bayonet mount, other things.

Subject: [OM] OM camera repairs bayonet mount, other things.
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 21:25:32 EDT
Dear John H., etc.,

1.
Looking at one of my OM cameras, the bayonet is a little bit "loose"
comapared to my others.
With my 180/2.8, when I focus (focusing is quite stiff and the lens is
heavy), the lens rotates a bit on the mount, just a bit.
With other lenses, the red dot goes just a bit past 12 o'clock when the lens
is put onto the camera.
I am wondering if I need to replace the bayonet mount ring on the camera
soon, and if it is an easy or DIY job.

2. Can you still get a new/replacement top-plate for a black OM-1N?

3. How does so much muck get behind the viewfinder eyelens of my OM-4Ti?
Maybe through the diotric correction mechanism? It's not _that_ bad, but
worse than my other OMs.

4. 16mm/3.5 fisheye lens and in general: this lens has a loose rubber
focussing sleeve. I have heard of this before.
How best to stick it back on? I have removed some of the slightly messy glue
residues from underneath the ring - it was fully detached anyway.
I can see that there are 3 screws situated under the sleeve, so maybe the
lens has been taken apart. The numbers "66" and "67" are written/printed in
white under the rubber ring on the focussing barrel, for some reason.

Thanks for any help.

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/