[OM] Re: Important News from Olympus Plaza!*! [Yahoo! Clubs: Olympus Mo

Subject: [OM] Re: Important News from Olympus Plaza!*! [Yahoo! Clubs: Olympus Mount]]
From: "k.matsumoto" <matsumoto@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2001 13:00:30 +0900
Till the end of June, it was possible to ask Olympus Japan for a CLA
on any Olympus camera sold in the past. I got my Pen S 2.8 (born
1962!) fixed and it works perfect now. I think they even afforded
three months warranty for that job.

This was the kind of service you can never expect to be afforded by
C*non or P*ntax or other manufacturers. The people in Olympus
Service Station are very kind and they tried to do their best to fix
any Oly camera even if it's very old and no spare parts available,
but I hear many customers have complained that the service is
incomplete. Those claimers!

So, maybe that's why Olympus quit to "technically support" (CLA with
warranty) discontinued cameras, but it seems that you can still ask
for CLA at about 8,000 yen if you desire (they will refuse first and
recommend other repairers like Kanto Camera = who makes the battery
adapters) and you understand that the job is no longer guaranteed.
This price is cheaper than before. I think "limited repair service"
means "no parts replacement" and that's the same as before.

Hope this is true...

> If the 4Ti is still being sold new, how can they be doing final
> repairs with no warranty?

For some reason the 4Ti is considered as a discontinued camera and
the current model is 4Ti Black. Many people were asking "What's the
difference between a 4Ti and a 4Ti Black besides the color?"

kazuya matsumoto