[OM] Re: Vibration damping

Subject: [OM] Re: Vibration damping
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 18:52:00 EDT
Fellow Zuiks,

I have a chance to do some architectural photography for compensation.  I
already know not to use film that has been hot.(g).

But, the question is, between an OM-4t and an OM-1, which will result in the
least vibration used as follows:  OM-4t - use self timer which flips up the
mirror at an interval before shutter release, or OM-1 wherein one uses the
manual mirror retraction and a cable release to trip the shutter.

My objective is to be able to render the sharpest possible negative on Portra
160NC with the 28/2.8 and/or 35/2.

I can meter with the OM-4t in either event so exposure issues can be handled
with a combination of the "t's" spot meter and bracketing.

Dave Dougherty