Re: [OM] Henry's and Lowepro

Subject: Re: [OM] Henry's and Lowepro
From: Winsor Crosby <wincros@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2001 11:22:40 -0700
I've been looking for a backpack to house (and carry) some of my Olympus cameras
& lenses.  I read many discussions of bags and backpacks in the archives and
pretty much narrowed it down to Lowepro, Tenba, or Tamrac.  What's the deal
with Henry's? They're (clearly) a Canadian business. Their prices on Lowepros
are significantly better than B&H (e.g., Photo Trekker AW in black is $176.46
USD at Henry's and $229.95 at B&H).  I assume I've got no US warranty, but I
also assume it's unlikely I'll need any warranty work (and if I do sending a
bag to Canada is no big deal).  Would anyone care to comment on Henry's or on
buying Lowepros out of the US?  (I'll go ahead and add that I used BIN on eBay
last night to get a Photo Trekker AW from Henry's for $167.50.  I realize this
is a seriously big mamma-jamma, so I'll probably get another smaller bag/backpack in the near future. If there are no drawbacks, I'll probably use Henry's again
since they're less expensive.)

Thanks for any input on this.

Mike W.

Just some feed back on Lowe Pro:

I used an Orion AW in Thailand and managed to lose the shoulder strap for the bottom half. I called Lowe Pro after I got back and asked whether I could just buy the shoulder strap. They would not sell me the strap. They sent it to me FREE for the cost of shipping. No question that I will buy their bags in the future.
--
Winsor Crosby
Long Beach, California