Re: [OM] Winder 2 Problem

Subject: Re: [OM] Winder 2 Problem
From: Donald Shedrick <shedridc@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 14:43:03 -0700 (PDT)
I recommend give the contacts a good cleaning with the
end of a pencil eraser (one from an ink pen that is a
little more abrasive is best) and then use an
electrical contact cleaner and preservative.  Craig
ProGold is excellent.

http://www.caig.com/index1.htm

Don't rub with something that will remove the plating
on the metal (like sandpaper).
My Winder 1 was inoperable a few weeks after I bought
it used and I panicked, but brought it back to perfect
life with this treatment.  BTW, the contacts looked
fine before the treatment.

=====