Re: [OM] Maybe OT question about tripods

Subject: Re: [OM] Maybe OT question about tripods
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 22:43:53 +0000
forwarded message:

 for <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Thu, 9 Aug 2001 06:27:59 -0700
From: MorrisMini@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 09:26:37 EDT
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi all--

Been off the list for a year but thought I'd check in to see how things
are=20 going.

<<For rock solid and a little on the heavy side, but 5 cents under your=20
budget,=20 you might look at a Tiltall.  Might pick one up used and really
stay within=20 budget. >>

I agree.  A buddy picked one up for $25 in very nice shape at a swap meet.
=20 I've got one that has been heavily (yeah, not a lightweight) modified
with a= n=20 Arca Swiss B-1, a smaller Manfrotto 3262 ball head on one leg
that has a=20 machined clamp which allows it to slide down to ground level,
Really Right=20 Stuff=AE QR, etc.  I put foam bicycle handlebar on the legs
to keep it from=20 denting my shoulder, but it IS a load.  Solid like
granite, though.....

Tim Clark