RE: [OM] eyesight vs. focusing

Subject: RE: [OM] eyesight vs. focusing
From: Ken N <image66@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2001 11:03:00 -0700 (PDT)
>  If I'm photoing a flower from a foot away, I have a lot more
> trouble
> getting my eyes to "click" into focus on the screen. Why is
> this? Surely if
> the screen is "2m away" it shouldn't make any difference what
> I'm projecting
> onto that screen?

If you are using a standard matte screen nothing changes.  I
would guess that you like me and you keep both eyes open when
shooting.  Try this:  If you keep your non-viewfinder eye
open--close it or cover it with your hand.  If you keep your
non-viewfinder eye closed, open it.  Another possiblility is
that you are tilting or turning your head when doing macro.  The
different head position will pull your eyesight into focusing a
little closer.

Ken N.