Re: [OM] ...and a "What to take???" of my own

Subject: Re: [OM] ...and a "What to take???" of my own
From: pschings@xxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2001 11:47:41 -0400
Cc: roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Roger,

You don't give too much details about the wedding. Is it indoors or
outdoors (I suppose depending on weather any wedding may wind up
indoors). You don't mention any flash equipment. If it's indoors you NEED
flash, although it's a little late to start adding new equipment now. I'd
recommend against using anything you aren't familiar with.

As a point of reference, I shot my sister's wedding last December. It was
a very small affair, indoors, only about 20 people. The location was
dark, wood walls, low white ceilings. The kit I used (not to be confused
with what I brought!) was:

OM-2S with T32 on Bounce Grip 2, Stofen diffuser, winder 2, 50/1.4
OM-4 with T20, alternating between 100/2 and 28/2
Lots of Portra 400 (I shot 6 36 exp rolls of the 10 I had with me)
lots of spare batteries (I put fresh batteries in everything just before
I got there, and had another full set of spares with me. I didn't need to
do any battery swapping all night)

I did a little lens swapping between the cameras (putting the 100 on the
OM-2S occasionally) but that was about it.

>From your kit I'd take both bodies (just in case!), the 28, the 50, and
the zoom. Leave the teleconverters home, you won't need anything longer
than 200. I suppose the fisheye thing might be fun for a shot or two, but
you don't need it. Add a flash (put it on a bracket off camera if you
can!) and lots of film and batteries.

Make sure you know who all the important family members are. Concentrate
on getting pics of them.

The experience for me was stressful at the time, but seems like fun
looking back now, probably because everyone was happy with the results!

Hope this helps,

Paul Schings