Re: [OM] Mirror lenses and donuts

Subject: Re: [OM] Mirror lenses and donuts
From: Walt Wayman <hiwayman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: 8 Aug 2001 08:48:22 -0700
On Wed, 08 August 2001, p.j. wrote:

>Here is another question/comment:
>No one suggested the 500/8 mirror.  Are the donuts too much for >everyone to
>handle?

I've had a 500/8 for nearly 20 years.  I doubt I've taken 100 pictures with it.
 I just REALLY don't like the donut highlights, considering them annoying and
distracting.

I just "won" a 1.4X-A teleconverter on *Bay, which will turn my 400/6.3 into a
560/8.8, making the CAT lens pretty much shelf gear.  I'll trade the small size
and light weight for better performance and no pastry-like bokeh.  When the
converter arrives, I'll test it with the 400, and if the results are good
enough, I'll may be offering the 500/8, like new, with caps and case, to the
list.

Walt