Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm lens, now Sigma 28/1.8

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 90mm lens, now Sigma 28/1.8
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Aug 2001 07:56:22 +0000
Larry wrote:

> Actually, I was talking about the Sigma 28 f1.8 that was referenced in that
> post.
> The Tamron 90mm f/2.8 already has been pointed out to be inferior to the
> f/2.5. My
> experience has been more with the zuiko, and the AT-X, which in a similar
> enlargement situation to yours, the difference was indiscernable.
>
> Larry

I'm looking on the 'net to find reviews. Here's what Amazon says about
the AF version for Nikon:
Sigma's 28mm f1.8 II aspherical lens has an uncommonly bright f1.8
aperture, yet at 2.4 inches and just over 10 ounces, it is extremely
compact and easy to take with you. With its two compound aspherical lens
elements and floating focus system, peripheral flare is almost
completely eliminated, while image surface curvature often found in
close-up photography is corrected. This lens has a broad variety of
applications and is dedicated to Nikon AF SLR cameras.

And, here's a link to a photodo-type rating:
http://www.usparkinfo.com/jdhphoto/Sigma/Sigma-28mm.html
Overall grade is 3.4. Not bad really for 170$.

Hope this helps.
--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright