Re: [OM] FW: [camera-fix] Olympus Pen FT

Subject: Re: [OM] FW: [camera-fix] Olympus Pen FT
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2001 10:15:18 +0800
Okay, let me try to answer the question, the fresnel plate (focusing
screen) cannot be removed without disassembly the camera and prism.
This process is very complicated, the top housing has to be
disassembled too. I have did this for three of my Pen-FT for a few
times, when putting back the mirror housing most of the time the
shutter clocking and mirror operating mechanism failed to co-operate,
need some pre-wind on the mirror control mechanism before putting
back, but it is still by chance. Sometimes need five to ten trails
before they are working right. Of course I was not trained and there
could be some trick. Don't think about do it yourself if you have
never disassembly any camera (and successively put it back to work of
course :-))

C.H.Ling