[OM] Re: Corn Watching (was "Exciting Times on the Internet")

Subject: [OM] Re: Corn Watching (was "Exciting Times on the Internet")
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jdubikins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 05 Aug 2001 09:26:00 -0500
The prose describing the site in Steve's note is somebody's attempt at humor, someone who probably doesn't think there is anything unusual about watching stock tickers but laughs as the corn is monitored for height and tasseling, etc. Both measure stacks of dollars. When folks in the USA are running 20% (or higher) ethanol in their <OM>SUVs</OM>, if they are lucky enough to get any, this will all be understood instinctively. <G>

Me? I love looking at the corn. Here's what I see:

http://soli.inav.net/~jdub/corn.html

Don't get me started on beans. ;-)

Joel W.

From: "John A. Lind" in part:
The webcam cannot begin to
convey the totality of completely immersive sensory stimulation that occurs
experiencing it first hand.