Re: [OM] 8 screen (now swapping)

Subject: Re: [OM] 8 screen (now swapping)
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2001 01:29:47 +0200
Sounds like an Olympus 1-8 screen.

http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif/findergroup/focusingscreens.htm

GeoW

It is the 1-8. I was fooled by the Creative Manual for the 4T. There's a table of the screens in the back of the manual, and there the 1-8 is just plain matte - no circle. Must be a misprint. (Hey, misprints are known to be worth millions, aren't they? I'll just sell my 4T manual and by another 4T for the money!)

Well, does anybody have a spare 1-3 or 1-13 they want to swap for this 1-8. The eSif states:

"This screen is ideal for use with super telephoto lenses of 300mm or more in focal length, or for astrophotography. The extreme fineness of the matte surface permits outstanding field definition. Focusing is done on the matte area. More accurate focusing may be achieved by the use of the Varimagni Finder. When used with astronomical telescopes, bright images of celestial bodies are obtained both in direct objective and indirect magnified astrophotography.
The meter needle gives correct light readings on OM-1(n) and 2(n)."

It's in its plastic box w tweezers & brush. It's got a couple of small scratches in two of the corners. Mail me off-list if interested in a swap.
Henrik