Re: [OM] E-10 pricing (was Jaco and his E-10)

Subject: Re: [OM] E-10 pricing (was Jaco and his E-10)
From: "Parzival Herzog" <parz@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 13:51:55 -0500
I found it hard to believe that a $2000 top-of the-line (flagship) digital
camera
would be outfitted with an inferior lens!

So I looked at this file closely, and I don't see the slightest evidence for
chromatic
aberration on those masts, or anywhere else. The colours seen on the masts
are due to variations in illumination.

There IS a significant amount of the distinctive jpeg artifacts, and these will
be
more noticeable at sharp linear contrasts. So that would be due to 1) low
quality
jpeg recording in the camera, or 2) a more compressessed jpeg file on the web
server, and not due to poor optics on the camera.

- Parzival