RE: [OM] lens selection + 180/2.8

Subject: RE: [OM] lens selection + 180/2.8
From: Peter Leyssens <leyssens@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 05:10:23 -0700 (PDT)
Hi,

> From: "gries"
>
> Having both the 24 and 35 shift, I would
> recommend the 35 above the 24
> only because of size, weight, and cost.

Sounds like a plan.  But first, another year
getting used to the 90.  If I manage to contain
myself.  Not going to those second hand photo
shows helps.

> I would also recommend (if you don't have
> already) to use a brighter 2-series

Couldn't live without one since I got one.

> Also having the grid is
> essential if you are after straight lines.

Uuhm, yes, sounds like you have a point there.
Darn, never thought of that !  Anyway.  Another
year with my...

> I certainly agree w/ your comment about only
> shooting slides.  I have
> kept myself on a slim diet of Provia F and AGFA
> Scala for some time now,

What's the characteristics of these films ?  I've
only just started slides & I only know Sensia-II
100.  Is the Scala B&W ?  I don't think that will
be very common here in Belgium (even if Agfa is
partly a Belgian company).

> I too look forward to the day that a 90/2 will
> find its way to my door,

Did I tell you already that I find it a cool lens
?  Oh, BTW, it's a really cool lens.

Peter.

=====
--