Re: [OM] A-28 vs. B-28 (OT)

Subject: Re: [OM] A-28 vs. B-28 (OT)
From: clintonr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 19:30:18 -0500
Actually, the "A-" accessories are intended for the IS-1 and IS-2 (and
equivalents) only.

With all the damage to the front lenses of the double-digit IS's (IS-10, 20,
30, et al) that I've seen, I wouldn't mount anything on them, although I do
see that there are some "C-" accessories listed in the Olympus catalog that
are intended for these models.  The front lenses of the double-digits IS's
all have to turn to focus, and too much weight or warping from overtightening
filters even often impairs the focus.

The "B-" accessories are intended for the IS-3 (etc.) only.