Re: [OM] CONTEST e*ay 350/2.8 auction

Subject: Re: [OM] CONTEST e*ay 350/2.8 auction
From: Pandionhalietius@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 14:44:37 EDT
In a message dated 7/30/01 11:16:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
mnmitch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< All I can say is, if the guy had offered a 10 day inspection/money back
 policy my
 bid limit would have been around $5000. I was high bidder on the lens
 most of the week and my last bid was $3351.50 and I'll admit I was torn
 between getting a great deal feeling and an expensive paperweight
 feeling when I placed the bid. If the guy had offered some sort of
 inspection period I would have set my limit at $5000 the first day and
 let it ride. I have to say I agree with Garth on this one.

 bhinderks@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

Where were you a few months back when I sold my Minty 350mm/2.8 on eBay ; )
I gave a money back tryout, have perfect eBay status and had a ton of pics.
It took about 2-3 auctions and a "buy it now" $3600 to send the lens away to
Thailand to a gentleman who payed a whopping $150 Fed Ex shipping bill.
(Just to let the tempted know, and this may not be received to well....
I kept my $1900 Canon FD 400mm f2.8 lens because it was the better lens yet I
am a Huge Olympus fan shooting happily since 1977).
I was hoping the 350/2.8 would be the one lens in that 300-400 range and fast
that would end all.
I found the Tamron 400/f4 the better lens as well.  The 350 was the prettiest
and smoothest though.
Still, get a 350/2.8 if and when you can they are a piece of art and,
ofcourse, collectable to say the least!
The 250/2 is still the one lens I desire over all.
John