RE: [OM] OT - OT - OT - OK, that should be enough of a warning ! Odd qu

Subject: RE: [OM] OT - OT - OT - OK, that should be enough of a warning ! Odd question, nothing to do with Olympus... [OT] and kinda a long rant
From: "Jon Mitchell" <jon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2001 10:35:27 +0100
Well, OK so I haven't driven many american cars, and I don't want to compare
american / european cars here.  Just wanted to throw another make into the
pot.  Not fast compared to many of those mentioned.  Handling doesn't even
compare that well against many of the cars mentioned.  But please, don't
ever forget MG - particularly the MG B GT.  Beautiful old classic type
sports car.  And (not sure this will be seen as a good thing !) very English
in style !!  Or, if you want to be more up-to-date, what about the MG R V8 -
it was the fore-runner to the MG F, and not very many were made but it does
shift !!

OK, so now I'm battening down the hatches and preparing for a torrent of
abuse ....... !

Jon

PS: I'm part of a racing team which races MG Metro's, so am probably a bit
biased !  For the Americans who don't know one, think of a Mini (sure you've
seen one), with about half the build quality !!  Always known as the kinda
car granny takes shopping once a week and nothing more - and there is
probably a good reason for that !  Engine size is 1.3litre (what's that in
US money ? probably smaller than you've got in your lawnmowers !!)  Now
that's silly racing (but it is cheap !)