Re: [OM] List abuse

Subject: Re: [OM] List abuse
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2001 09:31:44 +0000
Alexander Wilson wrote:

> Having just downloaded 73 OT messages ( and over 100 in the last three
> days), I think that some members of this group are piggy - backing on it to
> use  as a personal chat room, free to clutter up the list as they twitter on
> it about any personal topics they wish. Why can't these  people exchange e -
> mail addresses and get on with it on private ?
>
> Alex Wilson

Well, uh, I don't mean nuttin' (scratching my toe in the dirt, looking
down) but there's a large contingent of Southerns on this here list, and
we like to talk. Really talk, as in japper. We don't understand those
Northerners that just grunt and try and say as little as possible. They
are just so unfriendly. Why, just the other day I was talking to my wife
about how much I missed good Southern food after having lived in
Northern Virginia all these years. And all these Northerners are always
in such a hurry, it makes me wonder where the fire is at. They gobble up
thier food, the drive like maniacs, and they sure as hell don't know how
to carry on a conversation. I'm sure glad I moved down here closer to
Dixie. I missed all those street signs with shotgun holes in them, and
the slow drawl of a plumber explaining why my well pump don't work, in
between his spits of chawing tobbacca. ....<g>
--
"I have a dragon and I'm not afraid to use it!"

Dirk Wright