[OM] help with SP35 please and an FS ...

Subject: [OM] help with SP35 please and an FS ...
From: "Reuben Acciano" <rubydoomsday@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 16:48:42 +0800
Hi Gang,

Reuben from Oz, here ...

Yes, I haven't posted anything for months - been reduced
to lurking by work commitments (luckily involving much
shooting with my beloved Oly) and a new relationship,
house etc ... just been flat out.

I have a bit of teasing to do, as well as ask a tech
question:

The tech question is this: anyone know how to unlock a
locked shutter on a wicked little rangefinder (35SP - I
picked up an immaculate one and the appropriate Merc
battery for AUS$90 last week - I swear, this thing is LNIB)
but after a bit of experimenting with the flashmatic system,
the shutter seems to have locked up completely, with the
wind-on lever locked almost fully in the &quot;wound on&quot;
position. This sucks, because it appears I may have to
take it to a tech just to get the shutter unstuck, unless one
of you has a fab tip for me ...

ALSO - I don't know the current list etiquette on FS posts
but this is a NIIIICE piece of kit.  I simply don't use it
anymore.

EXC++ 65-200 tele-zoom. Cosmetically perfect,
mechanically perfect, no case/pouch but with Oly 55mm
lens cap handles like a dream. I will pay international
postage and insurance for the first buyer to mail an
expression of interest though. I'm asking US$285 - the
lens really is pristine. I simply don't go much beyond 100
mm anymore for what I do - I'm even thinking of going
totally medium format, I'm so happy with my rangefinders'
(35RC, XA, SP35) ability to handle 35mm street
photography.

I don't have much of a recent history with this list, but I did
sell a 24mm f2.0 here about a year back (to a husband
and wife team who were both more than happy with how I
conducted the transaction ... if you're out there guys, speak
up - mail.com have trashed a bunch of my e-mails and I
can't even remember your names! J&B something ...).

The tease? I might be abandoning my whole beloved Oly
kit soon for the move to Med and/or rangefinder
photography ... kit includes 35 f2, 85 f2, f280 and
something called an OM4Ti champagne ...

I'll stay in closer contact with the list and advise if this
heartbreaking decision is ultimately made ...

reuben