Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!...people don't know what they are s

Subject: Re: [OM]Zuiko 600 f5.6 on eB*y !!!!...people don't know what they are selling
From: rdk@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 10:23:31 +0200

A seller on the British eB*y has just sold a copy of the 'The Olympus OM Way'
for $80 (my snipe was just too low). He probably was surprised, as he had an
OM-88 with two Olympus lens and a Tamron zoom that no-one bid on with a start
price of $283 (!). The start price for the book was $7 (!). Looks like he was
out of touch; I expect that there must be a few more copies of that book sitting
around on dusty bookshelves.

Roger Key, Copenhagen

on 7/25/01 3:01 PM, Garth Wood at garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> At 05:47 PM 7/25/2001 -0400, Skip Williams wrote:
>> Ooo, ooo, ooo!!  Can I buy the Vivitar 1A thingy seperately?
>>
>> Really though, this can't be happening.  WHO would actually post such a
>> description?  I know I shouldn't expect an expert description, but do they
>> have chimpanzees working behind that British counter?
>

> Chimps.  I'd say chimps.  Yes, definitely...  chimps.  That's my vote.  ;-)
>
> Garth

I've seen lots of lenses described as "Toshiba Skylight 1A 58mm" lens in
e*ay. I find that ignorant sellers are a good source of bargains, if you can
recognize from the picture what you're really looking at. I like to play
dumb in my querys to them, e.g. "Can you tell me all the words on the end of
the front?" Knowledgable sellers often have good items, but they don't let
them go cheaply...
--

Jim Brokaw