[OM]Lucky (was OM 50 1.2 at Cameta)

Subject: [OM]Lucky (was OM 50 1.2 at Cameta)
From: nrky@xxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 23:19:49 -0500
I guess I was lucky in getting the 1-4 screen from them as advertised
NIB...just when I was thinking of relaxing my stance on the NY
warehouses...
then your tale appears...my condolences, Tris, I had a similar problem
with
 "minty" -1n's from another NY house that arrived at my door twice before
stupidly gave up and got a -2K from them (they had my CC# and I wanted to

cut my losses-plus the -2K is a good B/U body [gotta justify it somehow!
>; ) ] )

Skewing topics...

BTW, Would a 55/1.2 silver nose with oily leaves (and no other obvious
faults)
be worth ~100USD? It really does release s-l-o-w-l-y when stopped
down...I've
already mentioned the fact that the lens is not usable as-is, but didn't
press
the price that they asked (yet!!)  Was thinking of offering ~70USD just
to see if
they would bite, but don't have a clue as to what it would take to get
the lens
back to usable condition.  Any help on that would be appreciated by this
digest lurker...not that I have the $ to even pay for the glass in the
first place >;(

Thanks to whoever posted a few days back about Holland _?_ out of TX
about
the Cibachromes...they seem really energetic and will get some biz out of
me
as soon as I can break down 3 pages of chromes that are worthy to 1-2
slides
that I can afford to get in hanging condition.

Bill  >; P
"Life unfolds on a great sheet called Time (film)*,
and once finished (developed)* is gone(here)* forever..."
*provided ya have a good archival system in place.