Re: [OM] Olympus OM-4 on Ebay

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus OM-4 on Ebay
From: Henrik Dahl <hdahl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2001 13:08:46 +0200
Kayla
Welcome to this health resort for Zuikoholics. The OM-4 is a great camera, but with a little luck and just a few extra bucks, you can get a OM-4T or 4Ti. It's a little lighter, doesn't eat batteries to the same extent, can use the F280-flash synchro daylightspeed etc. I got a 4T for $265, and that's not more than the plain 4's go for I believe.

You should be aware of a lot of things when buying used. Buying an expensive and complicated thing as a camera body, make sure you can try it out for two or so weeks. If you can resend it you only risk losing shipping costs. There is a site 'bout what to look and ask a seller for:
http://brashear.phys.appstate.edu/lhawkins/photo/olympus.faq.html#ques_B0

and on http://www.taiga.ca/~esif/om-sif.htm you can compare specs for different bodies, lenses and other OM stuff.
Good hunting
Henrik

 Hello, I'm new to this list and recently sub*scribe to it after having a
chance to look at a friend's photographic work.  I've taken photo classes a
long time ago and still own an old Zenit EM that I purchased about 20 years
ago. still works!  I'm now looking for a better camera and following my
friend's suggestion I've narrowed my search to an Olympus OM-4.  I've
checked my local camera stores but wasn't able to find much.  Ebay seem to
be the place and currently has listed a few OM-4.  What should I be looking
/ aware of when bidding some of these auctions?  Kayla B.