Re: Re: [OM] Aperture Modification

Subject: Re: Re: [OM] Aperture Modification
From: Garry Lewis <glewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 09:22:15 -0500
>Just a question, after reading about Ansel Adams,
>"F64" club using very small apertures to gain the
>maximum depth of field and detail,

Don't forget that most of these guys and gals were using lenses in the
200mm to 350mm
range. F64 was the stop of 'optimum' (mininium lense faults) and
equivalent to F8/F11 of our lenses. Besides "F64" was a philosophical
idea rather than an optical absolute.

                        yours iris you well,

                                Garry D. Lewis
--
Some say the glass is half full, I say it's merely a bad bartender.