[OM] Re: 35/2 and F-280 Exposure Levels on Gold 200

Subject: [OM] Re: 35/2 and F-280 Exposure Levels on Gold 200
From: DAVDOU9211@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 18:30:31 EDT
I just got back my prints of my first efforts with the OM-4t, F-280, 35/2 and
Gold 200.

First, the 35/2 is as awesome in it's sharpness and contrast as all of you
who have used it said.  I shot some florals with outdoor light and  WOW!  The
subject was a color bowl on our patio and it is almost 3 dimensional as some
of you suggested.

I used the same lens indoors with the F-280 set to Super FP mode, 125th SEC
and F/8.  Distances were 8 to 10 feet.  The pictures are very very sharp and
the flesh tones of the people in them are pleasing.  My only complaint is
that in our light colored living room the F-280 lights up the room like day.
I mean the whole room in the scene is very brightly lit.  Not objectionable,
but just real bright.

So, the question -  should I underexpose Gold 200?  If so, at what ASA should
I shoot it?  Or using the bracketing setting on the 4t, what setting would
the group recommend.  I could also use the TTL cord and bounce off the
ceiling, but not having a bracket to mount the F-280 makes that a real
handful for candid shots.

Any input would be appreciated.

Dave Dougherty