[OM] Import duties etc

Subject: [OM] Import duties etc
From: B Gray <bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 22:40:19 +0100
Cc: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dave
It is only occasionally that it is relevant but I imported a 135mm2.8 Zuiko recently from Tom Scales. I agreed to buy it in the knowledge that I would soon (4 months) be going on holiday in the USA. Tom sent the lens to a hotel in the USA and I paid for it with a dollar traveller's cheque and small dollar notes by post. I then imported it in my personal baggage under the customs dispensation for goods purchased in the USA up to a total value of (I think £145) per head. So no duty or other taxes and still legal. (Other limits apply to other countries) One more good point about dealing with Tom :-) (Thank you Tom, I am enjoying the lens)
Brian

Brian and Vivienne Gray
bandvg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx