[OM] OM1 Viewfinder Black Cloud

Subject: [OM] OM1 Viewfinder Black Cloud
From: john.oregan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2001 12:47:07 +0100
Dear List

I have acquired an 'inexpensive' OM1 (which is/was going to be the last
purchase, honest):)

Unfortunately, the Viewfinder is partially (200f the area) blocked by a
dark/black stain along the lower edge and up the left towards the needle. I
haven't had time to examine it in detail (because we have house guests at
the moment) so I dont know if it is on the screen or pentaprism, or even
viewfinder lens.

Any suggestions as to what it could be? Fungus? Dirt?

Any suggestions for investigating and subsequently getting rid of it? Ponds
cold cream? Potassium Permanganate? scraping? does the top plate come off
easily?

Also, the Meter doesn't seem to work, but that may be a duff battery seeing
as the camera has been allowed to get into this condition - or will the
above stain have corroded some little cables?

Externally it is very nice and the shutter seems to work smoothly...

Does it just need a CLA?

JohnOR
(Sorry about the sig, but I can't spend too much time at the PC at home at
the moment so this is from my place of work)

This message and any attachments (the "message") is intended solely for
the addressees and is confidential.  If you receive this message in error,
please delete it and immediately notify the sender.

Any use not in accord with its purpose, any dissemination or disclosure,
either whole or partial, is prohibited except formal approval.

The internet can not guarantee the integrity of this message.  BNP PARIBAS
(and its subsidiaries) shall (will) not therefore be liable for the message
if modified.
Ce message et toutes les pieces jointes (ci-apres le "message") sont
etablis a l'intention exclusive de ses destinataires et sint confidentiels.
Si vous recevez ce message par erreur, merci de le detruire et d'en avertir
immediatement l'expediteur.

Toute utilisation de ce message non conforme a sa destination, toute
diffusion ou toute publication, totale ou partielle, est interdite, sauf
autorisation expresse.

L'internet ne permettant pas d'assurer l'integrite de ce message, BNP
PARIBAS (et ses filiales) decline(nt) toute responsabilite au titre de ce