[OM] Hunting down deadbeats, Tom's printer, et. al.

Subject: [OM] Hunting down deadbeats, Tom's printer, et. al.
From: DaEyeGuy@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:20:38 EDT
This is neat...Om'ers on the hunt throughout the nation, hunting down
fraudulent Ebayer's....love to see that joker's face should you actually hunt
him down! The 'OM Web" is mighty! <chuckle>

Tommy Scales...now that you've had your Epson 1270 (right number?) for a
while and have used the non-fading inks for a time, what's your take on the
fadability of the inks? Did it live up to the claims? Does the 870 use the
non-fading inks/// Or any other Epsons for that matter?

My 740 is being a pain..one page jammed in it, apparently causing a
horizontal piece to become just elevated enuf to catch every darn page now
and unless I stand over it and push down on the platform right before the
paper comes thru, it jamms. Repairing it will I'm sure be as much as just
getting another. Shame, as it makes great prints (albeit faders).

Someone said in one of the many "wonderbrick" threads a remark to the effect
that they "were afraid to get a digital as they may never go back to
film"...well.. I can attest to the dangers. Now that I've become comfortable
and more practiced at using the digital and the results are more even, I am
indeedy using it a heck of a lot more than the OM's <ah, put your apples
away...I stil love my OM's...> What truly is suffering from lack of use is
the IS-1....it justs sits now, alone in the corner....last year it was glued
to my hip...it is so redundant now between the digitals and the OM's...
SS

Susan Steele
Virginia USA