Re: [OM] End of Products??? #2548

Subject: Re: [OM] End of Products??? #2548
From: DBellamy2k@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:07:20 EDT
William Clark <wclark@xxxxxxx> wrote:

<< What exactly is being made by Olympus now?
There has been talk on the list of lenses not being made, etc.
 Anyone with any info on this stuff? >>

Bill, I got a couple of e-mails from Olympus Japan in answer to similar
questions from me:

1. What they have / are making (as of 7 June 2001):
<<
We are still manufacturing OM-3Ti, OM-4Ti and some accessories.
Following lenses are available.
["available": whatever this means - in production, potentially in production,
in stock (Japan), in stock (anywhere else??)] :
28mm F2
28mm F2.8
35mm F2
35mm F2.8
35mm F2.8 (shift)
35-80mm F2.8
70-210mmF4.5-5.6
250mmF2
300mmF4.5
350mmF2.8
400mm F6.3
500mmF8
600mmF6.5
1000mmF11

2. Now for instance, the 16mm fisheye, not on that list. They said:

<< While appreciating your interest, the 16mm Fisheye lens was
discontinued more than ten years ago, and we no longer
carry any stock of this lens. >>

But the 16/3.5 is still on price lists in UK and New Zealand (Olympus UK says
they can get them, UK parallel imports may also be available).

Kind regards,

Dave Bellamy.
http://members.aol.com/synthchap/