Re: [OM] 200/4 vs. 2X-A (Was 100/2 vs. 85/2 in sharpness)

Subject: Re: [OM] 200/4 vs. 2X-A (Was 100/2 vs. 85/2 in sharpness)
From: frieder.faig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 20:27:23 +0200
On Sun, Jul 15, 2001 at 11:51:11AM -0700, Donald Shedrick wrote:
> Yes, the sun and moon are the same apparent size as
> viewed from earth, but your formula for the image size
> in a 35mm camera is high by about a factor of 2.  The
> correct formula for the image size in mm is the focal
> length in mm divided by 109.

Ooops, yes, my remembrance was wrong, I read it somewhere, and
keept in mind, that it is a round value (~100mm). Never knew such
an exact value.  I just checked some of my slides, and realized, that
sun really is only half of the expected size... maybe I´ve just tried to
cheat to get better results with my "limited" equipment.

 greetings,
Frieder Faig