Re: [OM] Scanner vs. E-10

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanner vs. E-10
From: "C.H.Ling" <chling@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 23:56:24 +0800
Sorry to say, all of you have wrong concept about digital camera here. In brief
would say a 4 megapixel digital camera has "resolution" very close to a 4
megapixel
scan, even the DC only possess 4 millions CCD while the CCD in scanner is three
times
more.

Each pixel (CCD) on the digital camera contribute to resolution but a few pixels
together (could be 4) contribute to the color of each pixel, it require complex
calculation, could generate wrong color on individual pixel, but the overall
picture
will still look very good.

To refresh your memory, please have a look to my web comparing the resolution
of E-10
and Velvia with 35-70/3.6 Zoom.

http://www.glink.net.hk/~digicam/E10V35.htm

To see some beautiful E-10 shots: