[OM] Maitani interview/Olympus telescopes

Subject: [OM] Maitani interview/Olympus telescopes
From: William Green <wrgreen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2001 18:51:44 +0900
The fault is mine, I'm afraid. I looked at the original again. Maitani
didn't specifically say that Olympus made telescopes - I inferred it. A more
faithful translation would be:
"I suggested that we aim to make a camera that could be attached to
Olympus's microscopes and endoscopes and telescopes."
This is still ambiguous though, and to me at least implies that Olympus did
make a telescope, hence the mistake. In the light of Hans's research, the
best translation might be:
"I suggested that we aim to make a camera that could be attached to
Olympus's microscopes and endoscopes, and to telescopes."
Or, if they didn't make endoscopes either:
"I suggested that we aim to make a camera that could be attached to
Olympus's microscopes, and to endoscopes and telescopes."
My sincere apologies to Hans and others who spent time on researching this.
Regards
Will